The average water heater lasts 10 to 15 years with good care. Tankless water heaters can last at least 20 years but often longer if serviced regularly. That is one of the great reasons to consider installing one. They do cost more than a standard water heater, but you make up the difference in energy savings over the years. At Pronto Service Pros, we offer tankless water heater installation and repair service in Clearwater. We can help you decide which tankless water heater is for you.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
When a standard tank goes bad, it can be a mess. Because a tankless water heater connects to the waterline directly, there is no “stored” water to pour out when something happens. Other benefits include:
- Lower energy bills – You can save approximately $80 – $100 annually
- Water as needed – Water is heated when you need it, no standby energy loss
- Space saver – some models can even be tucked under a countertop
- Immediate hot water – you don’t have to wait for the heater to heat a whole tank full of water
- Remote connection – If you have a smart home, some systems can be connected to an app that allows you to adjust them remotely
- Long-life – Tankless water heaters last 5 – 10 years longer than a standard water heater
There are some things you need to consider if you are considering this type of water heater. They do cost more to install than a regular tank. It can take a while to recoup these costs. Inconsistent temperatures are a common complaint. Choosing the right size unit can help fix that issue.
With professional tankless water heater installation and repair service in Clearwater, Pronto Service Pros can help whatever you need. Contact us at (813) 592-4270 for more information.