You use your kitchen every day. Meals are prepared and shared there, Christmas cooking and baking take place, and it’s where you relax and have a cup of coffee. The plumping and fixtures work hard too. Most of us rarely think of the plumbing and pipes in our homes until there is a problem. And, when an issue with the plumping pops up, it can quickly turn into a nightmare. That is when you need professional plumber service in Palm Harbor & Port Richey, and Pronto Service Pros is here to help.
What Are Some of the Common Problems with Kitchen Plumbing?
We see certain things over and over when we deal with kitchen plumbing. We want to share these with you because knowing what to watch for means catching small issues before becoming big ones. Here are five common kitchen plumbing problems:
- Clogged Drains – Grease, food, fats, and oils can quickly build up in kitchen drains. You may think pouring some Drano down the pipes will do the trick. It might if it is a minor problem. But if you are dealing with clogged drains all the time, you need help.
- Leaky Faucet – A lot of water is wasted in homes daily through leaky faucets. It could be an easy fix, like a washer replacement, or you may need new fixtures. If your leak is at the base of your faucet, it might be time to call a plumber.
- Garbage Disposal – These can wear down quickly. Check it often for leaks at the bottom and edges. Having a faulty disposal unit can lead to clogged drains.
- Leaking Dishwasher – Water should not leak out from under your dishwasher when you run it. If this is happening, there is a problem. A plumber can determine the cause. It may just need repaired, not replaced.
- Low Water Pressure – If your kitchen water pressure is low, but it is okay in other places in your home, it could be your aerator. Your plumber can easily fix that. If the pressure is low everywhere else, that is a more serious problem.