If you have a toilet that keeps clogging, you have a problem. There could be any number of reasons you keep having to drag out the plunger. It could be a drain problem, what you are putting down the toilet, or even the toilet itself. Getting to the root of the problem is essential because it could lead to much bigger and costly problems if left unattended. It can lead to needing emergency plumbing service in Palm Harbor & Port Richey.
What’s the Reason for My Toilet Clogging?
When a toilet keeps clogging, there is always a reason. There are some common reasons toilets get clogged, and they can include:
- Using too much toilet paper
- Clogged toilet trap
- Clogged toilet vent
- Flushing things, like feminine items, that shouldn’t be flushed
- Sewer line could be clogged
- Older low flow toilet
When you call Pronto Service Pros, we trace the root of the problem and address it. We can help you decide whether professional services are needed.
How Do I Prevent a Clogged Toilet?
If you have an older low-flow toilet, it could be the fixtures causing the problems. Many of them don’t have the needed pressure to push it all through. This means material gets left behind and create clogs. Replacing the toilet with a new model is the best option. Other things you can do include:
- Avoid flushing “flushable” wipes. Even though they say you can, a plumber will tell you DON’T.
- Dispose of feminine products in a wastebasket.
- Avoid excessive toilet paper use. The thicker the toiler paper, the easier it clogs. Using 3 – 4 squares instead of 8 or 9 will help.
Some problems, such as a clogged sewer line, will require a plumber. Pronto Service Pros is here to help. We have emergency plumbing service in Palm Harbor & Port Richey along with our regular working hours. Contact us at (813) 592-4270 for all your plumbing needs.