“The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) is the trade association representing manufacturers of HVACR and water heating equipment within the global industry.
AHRI’s 315 member companies manufacture quality, efficient, and innovative residential and commercial air conditioning, space heating, water heating, and commercial refrigeration equipment and components for sale in North America and around the world, and account for more than 90 percent of HVACR and water heating residential and commercial equipment manufactured and sold in North America.
AHRI advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government, working to ensure that members’ interests are included in final drafts of legislation. We also have a certification program that is relied heavily upon by regulators for accurate and unbiased evaluation of heating, water heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and commercial refrigeration equipment. Lastly, AHRI develops industry-recognized performance standards for industry equipment. These three tiers are at AHRI’s core.
Aside from these three tiers, AHRI is viewed as a resource for industry shipment data, education and workforce information, and research. AHRI is an industry powerhouse, providing our members with one industry voice, both domestically and abroad.”
To be the advocate of North American HVACR and water heater manufacturers and a global leader of the industry.
– To have global influence on and be the source of HVACR and water heating equipment performance standards, certification programs, and information
– To be the leading, recognized, indispensable voice in the development of environmental and energy policy impacting the industry
– To promote the health and well-being of the industry and raise the awareness and image of the industry among all stakeholders
– Facilitate members’ compliance with regulatory requirements
– AHRI is a North American Trade Association with Global Interests and Services”
– The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
Air Conditioner AHRI
Air conditioners that Pronto Service Pros install will always come with an AHRI certification. This certification will present you with the equipment model numbers that are only assigned to units compatible with each other. It will also state your SEER rating. Knowing that your installed equipment is compatible and certified with an AHRI will give you peace of mind.
More than likely, if a piece of equipment is installed that is not compatible it may void any warranty from the manufacturer. It causes the unit to not operate correctly which in turn becomes a headache. Not to mention the cost of repairs.
Thankfully, many municipalities are implementing that an AHRI certificate must be onsite during the inspection. That way the inspector can sign off that a unit is indeed what was installed.